From Piotr Praczyk <piotr.prac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suspend or scale back hadoop instance
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 13:41:45 GMT
Hi John

I don't know if there is a Hadoop support for such thing, but You can do
this easily writing a crontab  script. It could start hadoop at specified
hour and shut it down ( disable some nodes) at another one.

There can be some problems with HDFS however ( if you disable all the nodes
holding replicas of some blocks, the files will become inaccessible)

Piotr