From Rakhi Khatwani <rakhi.khatw...@gmail.com>
Subject Small issues regarding hadoop/hbase
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 10:08:49 GMT
Hi, I have a couple of small issues regarding hadoop/hbase

1. i wanna scan a table, but the table is really huge. so i want the result
of the scan to some file so that i can analyze it. how do we go about it???

2. how do you dynamically add and remove nodes in the cluser without
disturbing the existing map-reduce jobs (on EC2).

3. suppose my dfs replication is 3. (which implies that i have 3 copies of
data in some other location). how do i access other two copies. or how do i
find out in which machines are the other copies kept?

4. If my hbase master fails, is there any way i can set another node as my
hbase master without disturbing my current map-reduce jobs??

thanks,
Raakhi