From jason hadoop <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException
Date Sat, 09 May 2009 07:41:11 GMT
<rel> is short for the hadoop version you are using 0.18.x, 0.19.x or 0.20.x
etc
You must make all of the required jars available to all of your tasks. You
can either install them all the tasktracker machines and setup the
tasktracker classpath to include them, or distributed them via the
distributed cache.

chapter 5 of my book goes into this in some detail, and is available now as
a download. http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430219422