From Alexandra Alecu <alexandra.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to replace the storage on a datanode without formatting the namenode?
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 15:08:41 GMT

Another possibility I am thinking about now, which is suitable for me as I do
not actually have much data stored in the cluster when I want to perform
this switch is to set the replication level really high and then simply
remove the local storage locations and restart the cluster. With a bit of
luck the high level of replication will allow a full recovery of the cluster
on restart.

Is this something that you would advice?

Many thanks,
Alexandra.