From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Database access in 0.18.3
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:06:36 GMT
Cloudera's Distribution for Hadoop is based on Hadoop 0.18.3 but includes a
backport of HADOOP-2536. You could switch to this distribution instead.
Otherwise, download the 18-branch patch from issue HADOOP-2536 (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/hadoop-2536) and apply it to your local
copy and recompile.

System.out.println() (and System.err) are writen to separate files for each
map and reduce task on each machine; there is not a common console.
- Aaron