From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: When will hadoop 0.19.2 be released?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:11:29 GMT
In general, there is no way to do an automated downgrade of HDFS metadata :\
If you're up an HDFS version, I'm afraid you're stuck there. The only real
way to downgrade requires that you have enough free space to distcp from one
cluster to the other. If you have 100 TB of free space (!!) then that's
easy, if time-consuming. If not, then you'll have to be a bit more clever.
e.g., by downreplicating all the files first and storing them in
downreplicated fashion on the destination hdfs instance until you're done,
then upping the replication on the destination cluster after the source
cluster has been drained.

Waiting for 0.19.2 might be the better call here.

- Aaron