From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Changing block size of hadoop
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:07:48 GMT
Blocks already written to HDFS will remain their current size. Blocks are
immutable objects. That procedure would set the size used for all
subsequently-written blocks. I don't think you can change the block size
while the cluster is running, because that would require the NameNode and
DataNodes to re-read their configurations, which they only do at startup.
- Aaron