From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Why namenode logs into itself as well as job tracker?
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:35:18 GMT
If you're using the start-dfs.sh script, it's ssh'ing into every machine in
conf/masters to start a SecondaryNameNode instance. The NameNode itself is
started locally. It then ssh's into every machine in conf/slaves to start a
DataNode instance.

Similarly, the JT is started locally by start-mapred.sh. But it sshs to
every machine in conf/slaves to start a TaskTracker.

- Aaron