From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Users are not properly authenticated in Hadoop
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 18:18:51 GMT

On Apr 5, 2009, at 3:30 AM, Foss User wrote:

> However, I see that anyone can easily impersonate as fossist

Yes, it is easy to work around the security in Hadoop. It is only
intended to prevent accidents, such as the time a student accidently
wiped out the entire class' home directories.

> If not, I have to go for other measures like firewalls, etc. But if
> something is available in Hadoop itself, it would be great.

You currently need firewalls to protect Hadoop. There is work underway
to add real authentication to Hadoop, which enable real security.

-- Owen