From "Puri, Aseem" <Aseem.P...@Honeywell.com>
Subject Cannot resolve Datonode address in slave file
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:30:13 GMT

Hi

            I have a small Hadoop cluster with 3 machines. One is my
NameNode/JobTracker + DataNode/TaskTracker and other 2 are
DataNode/TaskTracker. So I have made all 3 as slave.

In slave file I have put names of all there machines as:

master

slave

slave1

When I start Hadoop cluster it always start DataNode/TaskTracker on last
slave in the list and do not start DataNode/TaskTracker on other two
machines. Also I got the message as:

slave1:

: no address associated with name

: no address associated with name

slave1: starting datanode, logging to
/home/HadoopAdmin/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoo

p-HadoopAdmin-datanode-ie11dtxpficbfise.out

If I change the order in slave file like this:

slave

slave1

master

then DataNode/TaskTracker on master m/c starts and not on other two.

Please tell how I should solve this problem.

Sim