From Brian Bockelman <bbock...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: problem running on a cluster of mixed hardware due to "Incompatible" buildVersion of JobTracker adn TaskTracker
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:01:13 GMT
Hey Bill,

I might be giving you bad advice (I've only verified this for HDFS
components on the 0.19.x branch, not the JT/TT or the 0.18.x branch),
but...

In my understanding, Hadoop only compares the base SVN revision
number, not the build strings.  Make sure that both have the SVN rev.
Our build machines don't have svn installed, so we actually have to
generate the correct SVN rev, then submit it to the build clusters.
We certainly don't have our build time strings match up.

Hope this helps!

Brian