From Mithila Nagendra <mnage...@asu.edu>
Subject Re: Datanode Setup
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:50:07 GMT
Hi,
The replication factor has to be set to 1. Also for you dfs and job tracker
configuration you should insert the name of the node rather than the i.p
address.

For instance:
 <value>192.168.1.10:54310</value>

can be:

 <value>master:54310</value>

The nodes can be renamed by renaming them in the hosts files in /etc folder.
It should look like the following:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost       node01
192.168.0.1     node01
192.168.0.2     node02
192.168.0.3     node03

Hope this helps