From Christophe Bisciglia <christo...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: RPM spec file for 0.19.1
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:51:16 GMT
Hey Ian, we are totally fine with this - the only reason we didn't
contribute the SPEC file is that it is the output of our internal
build system, and we don't have the bandwidth to properly maintain
multiple RPMs.

That said, we chatted about this a bit today, and were wondering if
the community would like us to host RPMs for all releases in our
"devel" repository. We can't stand behind these from a reliability
angle the same way we can with our "blessed" RPMs, but it's a
manageable amount of additional work to have our build system spit
those out as well.

If you'd like us to do this, please add a "me too" to this page:
http://www.getsatisfaction.com/cloudera/topics/should_we_release_host_rpms_for_all_releases

We could even skip the branding on the "devel" releases :-)

Cheers,
Christophe