From Alex Loddengaard <a...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: getting DiskErrorException during map
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:07:16 GMT
First, did you bounce the Hadoop daemons after you changed the configuration
files?  I think you'll have to do this.

Second, I believe 0.19.1 has hadoop-default.xml baked into the jar.  Try
setting $HADOOP_CONF_DIR to the directory where hadoop-site.xml lives.  For
whatever reason your hadoop-site.xml (and the hadoop-default.xml you tried
to change) are probably not being loaded.  $HADOOP_CONF_DIR should fix this.

Good luck!

Alex