From javateck javateck <javat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:09:28 GMT
I want to have something to clarify, for the max task slots, are these
places to check:
1. hadoop-site.xml
2. the specific job's job.conf which can be retrieved though the job, for
example, logs/job_200904212336_0002_conf.xml

Any other place to limit the task map counts?

In my case, it's strange, because I set 10 for "
mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum", and I check the job's conf is also
10, but actual hadoop is just using 2 map jobs.