From Piotr <piotr.prac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1"
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:32:59 GMT

I have got a very similar problem when trying to configure HDFS.
The solution was configuring a smaller block size.
 I wanted to install HDFS for testing purposes only, so decided to have ~300
MB of storage space on each machine. The block size was set up to 128 MB ( I
used cloudera configuration tool).
After changing the block size to 1 MB ( could be bigger but it is not a
production environment ), everything started to work fine !

Piotr Praczyk