From Amit Saha <amitsaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access data node without a passphrase?
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 04:13:34 GMT
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.research@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I setup a small cluster for testing. When I start my cluster on my master
> node, I have to type the password for starting each datanode and
> tasktracker. That's pretty annoying and may be hard to handle when the
> cluster grows. Any graceful way to handle this?

If you are using the 'default', SSH authentication mechanism, setting
up password-less SSH should help you. This page (among others) can
help you: http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~murray/compnotes/passwordless_ssh.html

Hope this helps,
Amit
--
http://amitksaha.blogspot.com
http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com/

"Recursion is the basic iteration mechanism in Scheme"
--- http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TailRecursion