From Christian Ulrik S√łttrup <soett...@nbi.dk>
Subject joining two large files in hadoop
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 21:11:32 GMT
Hello all,

I need to do some calculations that has to merge two sets of very large
data  (basically calculate variance).
One set contains a set of "means" and the second  a set of objects tied
to a mean.

Normally I would  send the set of means using the distributed cache, but
the set has become too large to keep in memory and it is going to grow
in the future.

I would like to join the two data files so that each mapper gets the
entries of both files with the same keys. I have seen there is a
CompositeInputFormat but there is no real documentation on it.

Can anyone enlighten me on whether it would be useful and how it works.

Cheers,
Christian