From Razen Al Harbi <razen.alha...@yahoo.com>
Subject I need help
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:13:20 GMT
Hi all,

I am writing an application in which I create a forked process to execute a specific Map/Reduce
job. The problem is that when I try to read the output stream of the forked process I get
nothing and when I execute the same job manually it starts printing the output I am expecting.
For clarification I will go through the simple code snippet:

Process p = rt.exec("hadoop jar GraphClean args");
BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));
String line = null;
check = true;
while(check){
    line = reader.readLine();
    if(line != null){// I know this will not finish it's only for testing.
        System.out.println(line);
    }
}

If I run this code nothing shows up. But if execute the command (hadoop jar GraphClean args)
from the command line it works fine. I am using hadoop 0.19.0.

Thanks,

Razen