From tim robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hardware - please sanity check?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:33:27 GMT
Thanks Miles,

Thus far most of my work has been on EC2 large instances and *mostly*
my code is not memory intensive (I sometimes do joins against polygons
and hold Geospatial indexes in memory, but am aware of keeping things
within the -Xmx for this).
I am mostly  looking to move routine data processing and
transformation (lots of distinct, count and group by operations) off a
chunky mysql DB (200million rows and growing) which gets all locked
up.

We have gigabit switches.

Cheers

Tim