From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HELP: I wanna store the output value into a list not write to the disk
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:38:37 GMT

On Apr 2, 2009, at 2:41 AM, andy2005cst wrote:

> I need to use the output of the reduce, but I don't know how to do.
> use the wordcount program as an example if i want to collect the
> wordcount
> into a hashtable for further use, how can i do?

You can use an output format and then an input format that uses a
database, but in practice, the cost of writing to hdfs and reading it
back is not a problem, especially if you set the replication of the
output files to 1. (You'll need to re-run the job if you lose a node,
but it will be fast.)

-- Owen