From "Bill Habermaas" <b...@habermaas.us>
Subject RE: programming java ee and hadoop at the same time
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:17:41 GMT
George,

I haven't used the Hadoop perspective in Eclipse so I can't help with that
specifically but map/reduce is a batch process (and can be long running). In
my experience, I've written servlets that write to HDFS and then have a
background process perform the map/reduce. They can both run in background
under Eclipse but are not tightly coupled.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: George Pang [mailto:p0941p@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:45 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org; general@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: programming java ee and hadoop at the same time

Hello users,
I am trying to program a hadoop powered web application with Eclipse as IDE.
 Now I have both hadoop perspective and java ee perspective.  I wonder if I
can have these two together, that I can use the mapper and producers in my
servlet.  Anyone has experience about this?  I will appreciate it.

George