From Yasuyuki Watanabe <yasuy...@kddilabs.jp>
Subject binary format for streaming
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:13:50 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know the status of binary input/output format
support for streaming.

We found HADOOP-3227 and it was open. So we just posted some
class files and patches we created. They will work with Hadoop 0.19.1.

[HADOOP-3227] Implement a binary input/output format for Streaming
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3227

Then, we also found HADOOP-1722 and it looks like its scope
includes binary format support for streaming and its status is
"resolved."

[HADOOP-1722] Make streaming to handle non-utf8 byte array
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1722

I suppose the patches in HADOOP-1722 are the right answer for
my question. If my understanding is correct, can I ask which
version of Hadoop will have this feature in it and when?

Thanks,

Yasu