From schubert zhang <zson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS unbalance issue. (HBase over HDFS)
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 03:07:43 GMT
Tanks Andrew and Billy.
I think the subject of this mail thread is not appropriate, it may not be a
balance issue.
The problem seems the block deleting scheduler in HDFS.

Last night(timezone:+8), I slow down my application, and this morning, I
found almost all garbage blocks are deleted.
Here is the current blocks number of each datanode:
node1: 10651
node2: 10477
node3: 12185
node4: 11607
node5: 14000

It seems fine.
But I want to study the code of HDFS and make clear the policy of deleting
blocks on datanodes. If anyone in the hadoop community can  give me some
advices?

Schubert