From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: corrupt unreplicated block in dfs (0.18.3)
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:41:02 GMT
Just because a block is corrupt doesn't mean the entire file is corrupt.
Furthermore, the presence/absence of a file in the namespace is a completely
separate issue to the data in the file. I think it would be a surprising
interface change if files suddenly disappeared just because 1 out of
potentially many blocks were corrupt.

- Aaron