From Sameer Tilak <sameer.u...@gmail.com>
Subject One quick question
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:01:02 GMT
Hi All,

I wrote my WordCount program using Netbeans (both on Linux and OS X
platform). When I try running the program from the dist directory (where
NetBeans outputs the jar file after compilation) I get the following error:

 ~/software/hadoop-0.19.1/bin/hadoop jar WCount.jar wcount.WCount
~/software/hadoop-0.19.1/input/ ~/software/hadoop-0.19.1/output
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory
chdir: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory
chdir: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: No such file or directory
java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working
directory.
        at java.lang.System.initProperties(Native Method)
        at java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(System.java:1072)

However, if I go to my Hadoop install directory, I get the following error:

 bin/hadoop jar WCount.jar wordcount.WCount input/ output/
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: wcount.Main
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)

Any help on this would be great!