From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release batched-up output records at end-of-job?
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:20:52 GMT

On Mar 17, 2009, at 5:53 AM, Stuart White wrote:

> Yeah, I thought of that, but I was concerned that, even if it did
> work, if it wasn't guaranteed behavior, that it might stop working in
> a future release.  I'll go ahead and give that a try.

No, it will continue to work. It is required for both streaming and
pipes to work.

> Can anybody provide details on this new API?

Sure, it is in the upcoming 0.20. I made the package
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce so that I could have the new API running
in parallel with the old one. You can see the new API in subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/core/trunk/src/mapred/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/

-- Owen