From Stuart White <stuart.whi...@gmail.com>
Subject Not a host:port pair when running balancer
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:42:37 GMT
I've been running hadoop-0.19.0 for several weeks successfully.

Today, for the first time, I tried to run the balancer, and I'm receiving:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Not a host:port pair: hvcwydev0601

In my hadoop-site.xml, I have this:

<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://hvcwydev0601/</value>
</property>

What do I need to change to get the balancer to work?  It seems I need
to add a port to fs.default.name.  If so, what port?  Can I just pick
any port?  If I specify a port, do I need to specify any other parms
accordingly?

I searched the forum, and found a few posts on this topic, but it
seems that the configuration parms have changed over time, so I'm not
sure what the current correct configuration is.

Also, if fs.default.name is supposed to have a port, I'll point out
that the docs don't say so:
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.19.1/cluster_setup.html

The example given for fs.default.name is "hdfs://hostname/".

Thanks!