From some speed <speed.s...@gmail.com>
Subject skip setting output path for a sequential MR job..
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 04:25:35 GMT
Hello everyone,

Is it necessary to redirect the ouput of reduce to a file? When I am trying
to run the same M-R job more than once, it throws an error that the output
file already exists. I dont want to use command line args so I hard coded
the file name into the program.

So, Is there a way , I could delete a file on HDFS programatically?
or can i skip setting a output file path n just have my output print to
console?
or can I just append to an existing file?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Sharath