From Mayuran Yogarajah <mayuran.yogara...@casalemedia.com>
Subject HDFS is corrupt, need to salvage the data.
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:20:37 GMT
Hello, it seems the HDFS in my cluster is corrupt.  This is the output
from hadoop fsck:
 Total size:    9196815693 B
 Total dirs:    17
 Total files:   157
 Total blocks:  157 (avg. block size 58578443 B)
  ********************************
  CORRUPT FILES:        157
  MISSING BLOCKS:       157
  MISSING SIZE:         9196815693 B
  ********************************
 Minimally replicated blocks:   0 (0.0 %)
 Over-replicated blocks:        0 (0.0 %)
 Under-replicated blocks:       0 (0.0 %)
 Mis-replicated blocks:         0 (0.0 %)
 Default replication factor:    1
 Average block replication:     0.0
 Missing replicas:              0
 Number of data-nodes:          1
 Number of racks:               1

It seems to say that there is 1 block missing from every file that was
in the cluster..

I'm not sure how to proceed so any guidance would be much appreciated.
My primary
concern is recovering the data.

thanks