From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: master trying fetch data from slave using "localhost" hostname :)
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:10:48 GMT
pavelkolodin@gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:41:57 -0000, jason hadoop
> <jason.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see that when the host name of the node is also on the localhost
>> line in
>> /etc/hosts
>>

> I erased all records with "localhost" from all "/etc/hosts" files and
> all fine now :)
> Thank you :)

what does /etc/host look like now?

I hit some problems with ubuntu and localhost last week; the hostname
was set up in /etc/hosts not just to point to the loopback address, but
to a different loopback address (127.0.1.1) from the normal value
(127.0.0.1), so breaking everything.

http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?publicid=121ED68BB21DB8C060FE88607222EB52