From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Typical hardware configurations
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:07:23 GMT
What are the typical hardware config for a node that people are using for
Hadoop and HBase? I am setting up a new 10 node cluster which will have
HBase running as well that will be feeding my front end directly. Currently,
I had a 3 node cluster with 2 GB of RAM on the slaves and 4 GB of RAM on the
master. This didnt work very well due to the RAM being a little low.

I got some config details from the powered by page on the Hadoop wiki, but
nothing like that for Hbase.

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz