From tim robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing CloudBase-1.2.1 release
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:57:56 GMT
Hi Praveen,

I think it is more equivalent to Hive than HBase - both offer joins
and structured querying where HBase is more a column oriented data
store with many to ones embedded in a single row and (currently) only
indexes on the primary key, but secondary keys are coming.  I
anticipate using HBase as a back end to harvest into, but might make
use of Hive or Cloudbase for ad hoc reporting when needed.

Has anyone done any testing of Hive vs. Cloudbase for performance and
comparison of features?

Cheers,

Tim

2009/3/3 Guttikonda, Praveen <praveen.guttikonda@hp.com>:
> Hi ,
> Will this be competing in a sense with HBASE then ?
>
> Cheers,
> Praveen

on tables. CloudBase is designed as a database abstraction layer on top of Hadoop, thus making
it easier to query/mine logs/huge data easily.