From Yang Zhou <yangzhou.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to upload files by web page
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:35:36 GMT
Hi,

I have done that before.

My solution is :
1. submit some FTP/SFTP/GridFTP urls of what you want to upload
2. backend service will fetch those files/directories from FTP to HDFS
directly.

Of course you can upload those files to the web server machine and then move
them to HDFS. But since Hadoop is designed to process vast amounts of data,
I do think my solution is more efficient. :-)

You can find how to make directory and save files to HDFS in the source code
of "org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell".