From Mikhail Yakshin <greycat.na....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANN: Hadoop UI beta
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:23:57 GMT
Hi, Stefan,

> I'd like to invite you to take a look at the recently released first
> beta of Hadoop UI, a graphical Flex/Java based client for Hadoop Core.
> Hadoo UI currently includes a HDFS file explorer and basic job
> tracking features.

Couldn't you please explain, what does it do or at least what do you
want it to do? Why is it better than default Hadoop web UI?

I've peeked here and there, and, so far, as I understand, it's
somewhat underfeatured copy of default Hadoop web UI, created using
closed Adobe technology. May be I'm missing the point here and it is
or would be something completely different (with different
focus/emphasis)?

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin