From Rasit OZDAS <rasitoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allowing other system users to use Haddoop
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:07:33 GMT
Nicholas, like Matei said,
There is 2 possibility in terms of permissions:

(any permissions command is just-like in linux)

1. Create a directory for a user. Make the user owner of that directory:
hadoop dfs -chown ... (assuming hadoop doesn't need to have write access to
any file outside user's home directory)
2. Convert group ownership of all files in HDFS to a group name which any
user has. (hadoop dfs -chgrp -R <groupname> /). Then give group write access
(hadoop dfs -chmod -R g+w /), again to all files. (here, any user runs jobs,
hadoop creates automatically a separated home directory). This way is better
for development environment, I think.

Cheers,
Rasit

--