From Stefan Will <stefan.w...@gmx.net>
Subject TaskTrackers being double counted after restart job recovery
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:40:24 GMT
Hi,

I¹m using the new persistent job state feature in 0.19.0, and it¹s worked
really well so far. However, this morning my JobTracker died with and OOM
error (even though the heap size is set to 768M). So I killed it and all the
TaskTrackers. After starting everything up again, all my nodes were showing
up twice in the JobTracker web interface, with different port numbers. Also,
some of the jobs it restarted had already been completed when the job
tracker died.

 Any idea what might be happening here ? How can I fix this ? Will
temporarily setting mapred.jobtracker.restart.recover=false clear things up
?

-- Stefan