From "Brian MacKay" <Brian.Mac...@MEDecision.com>
Subject RE: Orange Labs is hosting an event about recommendation engines - March 3rd
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:03:54 GMT

I won't be able to attend the event...  but if you could, please
consider pod casting the discussions and posting them along with any
presentations online.  I'd like to hear what was reviewed and read about

Thanks, Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Rose [mailto:adam@tubemogul.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:46 AM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Orange Labs is hosting an event about recommendation
engines - March 3rd

Hi Jeremy -

I'm interested in attending this event.  I'm the CTO at TubeMogul
(www.tubemogul.com).  We distribute video online, and do in-player video

analytic tracking using Hadoop.  We're considering potential business
avenues involving recommendation engines at some point.  I haven't been
involved in the actual implementation of one, but have done some
research and am definitely interested in the subject.

Please let me know the event details.

- Adam

jeremy.huylebroeck@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hadoop fellows,
> Orange Labs is hosting a forum about Recommendation Engines (not
limited to video) in our South San Francisco lab.
> We are now looking for more people interested in bringing their own
experience and perspective to the discussion.
> I am sure there are interesting things to learn from the Hadoop crowd
processing data for recommendation purpose, and show what a large scale
middleware can bring to the picture.
> It's on March 3rd at 4pm. It's free. We expect between 40-50+ people
> The format is a few short presentations of key speakers and mostly
open discussions.
> If interested, drop me an email with your company name and what's your
interest on the topic.
> I copy below the event description.
> Sorry for the spam
> (I'll spam also the mahout list btw...)
> Jeremy Huylebroeck
> Orange Labs, France Telecom group.
> Come and exchange with Netflix, Clerkdogs, Baynote, Modista and
more... Orange Labs Presents: Recommendation Services Spotlight.
> Tuesday, March 03, 2009 from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM (PT)
> South San Francisco, CA
> Recommendations are driving everything from what you watch on TV to
what shoes you're wearing. Recommendation technologies are an area of
intense interest for us here at Orange Labs San Francisco, and we want
to hear what you are thinking about this topic.
> We are convening a forum for exploring the latest trends and
developments in the recommendations space, with leading thinkers such as
Andreas Weigend (ex Amazon Chief Scientist), and companies such as
Netflix, Baynote, Modista and Clerkdogs in what promises to be a
fascinating domain dive.
> If you are a practitioner, or have an active interest in
recommendations solutions, please join us for an interactive discussion
on this exciting topic. Space is limited and priority will be given to
active participants and researchers pursuing projects in this domain.
> As an integrated operator with over 100 million customers for mobile,
Internet, and TV services, Orange has an active development program in
recommendations technologies, and participants in this Spotlight can
expect to interact with Orange investigators currently working on video
recommendations and related problems. Join the discussion!
> Doors open at 4:00pm
> Discussions start at 4:30pm

this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

View raw message