From S D <sd.codewarr...@gmail.com>
Subject How do you remove a machine from the cluster? Slaves file not working...
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:14:20 GMT
I have a Hadoop 0.19.0 cluster of 3 machines (storm, mystique, batman). It
seemed as if problems were occurring on mystique (I was noticing errors with
tasks that executed on mystique). So I decided to remove mystique. I did so
by calling stop-mapred.sh (I'm using S3 Native, not HDFS), removing mystique
from the $HADOOP_HOME/conf/slaves file on storm and batman. I then called
start-mapred.sh and verified (via the output of start-mapred.sh) that
tasktrackers were started only on batman and storm. When I started my
MapReduce program I viewed the task tracker machine list web interface and
saw that not only was mystique listed as one of the task trackers but that a
task had been assigned to it. How can I keep a machine from being included
in a cluster?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John