From Arijit Mukherjee <ariji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot execute the start-mapred script
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:43:11 GMT
Hi Again

I did some more tests, and it's getting more and more confusing.

I have two machines - A and B. Both are almost identical in terms of CPU and
memory. Both run on FC7, and both have the same Java 1.6.0_11 version from
Sun. I've installed Hadoop 0.19.0 on both of them. But, the same sample
programs (like wordcount) execute normally on one of them, but I'm not even
able to start all the components on the other (when I'm using both as stand
alone hadoop nodes) - whenever I invoke the start-all script, I get an error
about not being able to allocate memory (both the machines are idle
otherwise - I mean nothing else is running on these machines which may use
the JVM).

And as I said before (in the previous mail below) - whenever I create a
cluster using both the machines, I get the following exception on the
machine which as a single-node system complains about memory allocation:

blueberry: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.

> NoClassDefFoundError:
> Could_not_reserve_enough_space_for_the_card_marking_array
> blueberry: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> Could_not_reserve_enough_space_for_the_card_marking_array
> blueberry:     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
> blueberry:     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
> blueberry:     at
> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> blueberry:     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
> blueberry:     at
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
> blueberry:     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
> blueberry:     at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
> blueberry: Could not find the main class:
> Could_not_reserve_enough_space_for_the_card_marking_array.  Program will
> exit.

What might have been happening here?

Regards
Arijit