From Iman <ielgh...@cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:04:29 GMT
Hi John,
When I created the hadoop location, the hadoop.job.ugi did not appear in
the advanced parameter. But when I later edited it, it was there. I
donnu how that was fixed:)
Also to get it to work, I had to edit the fs.default.name and
mapred.job.tracker in  hadoop/conf/hadoop-site.xml
I added these lines:
<property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>hdfs://<ip_address>:9000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
    <value><ip_address>:9001</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>

Finally, I decided to install hadoop locally on my machine instead of
using the hadoop virtual machine.
Iman.