From Adam Rose <a...@tubemogul.com>
Subject Re: Orange Labs is hosting an event about recommendation engines - March 3rd
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:45:40 GMT
Hi Jeremy -

I'm interested in attending this event.  I'm the CTO at TubeMogul
(www.tubemogul.com).  We distribute video online, and do in-player video
analytic tracking using Hadoop.  We're considering potential business
avenues involving recommendation engines at some point.  I haven't been
involved in the actual implementation of one, but have done some
research and am definitely interested in the subject.

Please let me know the event details.

Thanks!

- Adam

jeremy.huylebroeck@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hadoop fellows,
>
> Orange Labs is hosting a forum about Recommendation Engines (not limited to video) in
our South San Francisco lab.
> We are now looking for more people interested in bringing their own experience and perspective
to the discussion.

> I am sure there are interesting things to learn from the Hadoop crowd processing data
for recommendation purpose, and show what a large scale middleware can bring to the picture.

> It's on March 3rd at 4pm. It's free. We expect between 40-50+ people hopefully.
> The format is a few short presentations of key speakers and mostly open discussions.

> If interested, drop me an email with your company name and what's your interest on the
topic.
> I copy below the event description.
>
> Sorry for the spam
> (I'll spam also the mahout list btw...)
>
> Jeremy Huylebroeck
> Orange Labs, France Telecom group.

> Come and exchange with Netflix, Clerkdogs, Baynote, Modista and more... Orange Labs Presents:
Recommendation Services Spotlight.
> Tuesday, March 03, 2009 from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM (PT)
> South San Francisco, CA
>
> Recommendations are driving everything from what you watch on TV to what shoes you're
wearing. Recommendation technologies are an area of intense interest for us here at Orange
Labs San Francisco, and we want to hear what you are thinking about this topic.

> We are convening a forum for exploring the latest trends and developments in the recommendations
space, with leading thinkers such as Andreas Weigend (ex Amazon Chief Scientist), and companies
such as Netflix, Baynote, Modista and Clerkdogs in what promises to be a fascinating domain
dive.

> If you are a practitioner, or have an active interest in recommendations solutions, please
join us for an interactive discussion on this exciting topic. Space is limited and priority
will be given to active participants and researchers pursuing projects in this domain.

> As an integrated operator with over 100 million customers for mobile, Internet, and TV
services, Orange has an active development program in recommendations technologies, and participants
in this Spotlight can expect to interact with Orange investigators currently working on video
recommendations and related problems. Join the discussion!