From Iman <ielgh...@cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: Map/Recuce Job done locally?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:17:09 GMT
This thread helped me fix a similar problem:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-core-user/200807.mbox/%3CC001E847C1FD4248A7D6537643690E2101C8300D@mse16be2.mse16.exchange.ms%3E

In my case, I had the ports specified in the hadoop-site.xml for the
name node and job tracker switched in the Map/Reduce location's
configuration.

Iman.