From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HDFS issues in 0.17.2.1 and 0.19.0 versions
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 03:41:55 GMT
Are you sure you were using 0.19 not 0.20 ?

For 0.17 please check that configuration file hadoop-site.xml exists
in your configuration directory is not empty and points to hdfs rather
than local file system, which it does buy default.
In 0.17 all config variables have been in a common file. 0.19 was the same.
0.20 changed it so now we have hdfs-site.xml, core-site.xml, mapred-site.xml
See

Hope this helps.
--Konstantin