From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: decommissioned node showing up ad dead node in web based interface to namenode (dfshealth.jsp)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:00:14 GMT
It looks like the behavior is the same with 0.18.2 and 0.19.0.  Even though
I removed the decommissioned node from the exclude file and run the
refreshNode command, the decommissioned node still show up as a dead node.
What I did noticed is that if I leave the decommissioned node in the exclude
and restart HDFS, the node will show up as a dead node after restart.  But
then if I remove it from the exclude file and run the refreshNode command,
it will disappear from the status page (dfshealth.jsp).

So it looks like I will have to stop and start the entire cluster in order
to get what I want.

Bill