From Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>
Subject Re: Control over max map/reduce tasks per job
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:33:43 GMT
Hey Jonathan

Are you looking to limit the total number of concurrent mapper/
reducers a single job can consume cluster wide, or limit the number
per node?

That is, you have X mappers/reducers, but only can allow N mappers/
reducers to run at a time globally, for a given job.

Or, you are cool with all X running concurrently globally, but want to
guarantee that no node can run more than N tasks from that job?

Or both?

just reconciling the conversation we had last week with this thread.

ckw

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@wensel.net