From sandhiya <sandhiy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-2536 supports Oracle too?
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:10:12 GMT

Hi,
I'm using postgresql and the driver is not getting detected. How do you run
it in the first place? I just typed

bin/hadoop jar /root/sandy/netbeans/TableAccess/dist/TableAccess.jar

at the terminal without the quotes. I didnt copy any files from my local
drives into the Hadoop file system. I get an error like this :

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.postgresql.Driver

and then the complete stack trace....

Am i doing something wrong?
I downloaded a jar file for postgresql jdbc support and included it in my
Libraries folder (I'm using NetBeans).
please help....

Fredrik Hedberg-3 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Although it's not MySQL; this might be of use:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/core/trunk/src/examples/org/apache/hadoop/examples/DBCountPageView.java
>

> Fredrik
>
> On Feb 16, 2009, at 8:33 AM, sandhiya wrote:
>

>> @Amandeep
>> Hi,
>> I'm new to Hadoop and am trying to run a simple database connectivity
>> program on it. Could you please tell me how u went about it?? my
>> mail id is
>> "sandys_creek@yahoo.com" . A copy of your code that successfully
>> connected
>> to MySQL will also be helpful.
>> Thanks,
>> Sandhiya
>>
>> Enis Soztutar-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> From the exception :
>>>
>>> java.io.IOException: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
>>>
>>> I would broadly guess that Oracle JDBC driver might be complaining
>>> that
>>> the statement does not end with ";", or something similar. you can
>>> 1. download the latest source code of hadoop
>>> 2. add a print statement printing the query (probably in
>>> DBInputFormat:119)
>>> 3. build hadoop jar
>>> 4. use the new hadoop jar to see the actual SQL query