From zander1013 <zander1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting up networking and ssh on multnode cluster...
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 03:20:05 GMT

okay,

i will heed the tip on the 127 address set. here is the result of ssh
192.168.0.2...
af@node0:~$ ssh 192.168.0.2
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.2 port 22: Connection timed out
af@node0:~$

the boxes are just connected with a cat5 cable.

i have not done this with the hadoop account but af is my normal account and
i figure it should work too.

/etc/init.d/interfaces is empty/does not exist on the machines. (i am using
ubuntu 8.10)

please advise.