From Kwang-Min Choi <kmbest.c...@samsung.com>
Subject Hadoop's reduce tasks are freezes at 0%.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 07:41:04 GMT
I'm newbie in Hadoop.
and i'm trying to follow Hadoop Quick Guide at hadoop homepage.
but, there are some problems...
Downloading, unzipping hadoop is done.
and ssh successfully operate without password phrase.

once... I execute grep example attached to Hadoop...
map task is ok. it reaches 100%.
but reduce task freezes at 0% without any error message.
I've waited it for more than 1 hour, but it still freezes...
same job in standalone mode is well done...

i tried it with version 0.18.3 and 0.17.2.1.
all of them had same problem.

could help me to solve this problem?

Additionally...
I'm working on cloud-infra of GoGrid(Redhat).
So, disk's space & health is OK.
and, i've installed JDK 1.6.11 for linux successfully.

- KKwams