From 柳松 <lamfeel...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re: the question about the common pc?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 05:43:23 GMT
Actually, there's a widely misunderstanding of this "Common PC" . Common PC doesn't means PCs
which are daily used, It means the performance of each node, can be measured by common pc's
computing power.

In the matter of fact, we dont use Gb enthernet for daily pcs' communication, we dont use
linux for our document process, and most importantly, Hadoop cannot run effectively on thoese
"daily pc"s.

Hadoop is designed for High performance computing equipment, but "claimed" to be fit for "daily
pc"s.

Hadoop for pcs? what a joke.